First of all, we need to know what distilled water is? Distilled water is a special purified form of water in which the impure water is first converted into vapors by boiling, and then the steam is condensed back into liquid water. When the impure water is boiled in the first step, the impurities remain within the container, and the pure water boils into vapors. Those pure water vapors are liquefied in a separate container.
- 1 Do Water Bottles Contain Distilled Water?
- 2 Is Distilled Water Good for Drinking Purposes?
- 3 Ways of Making Distilled Water Drinkable
- 3.1 By Using a Carbon Paper
- 3.2 By Adding Trace Mineral Drops
- 3.3 By Adding Pink Salt to Distilled Water
- 3.4 By Using Specialized Bottles That Infuse Minerals
- 3.5 By Adding Flavors to The Water
- 4 Final Thoughts
Do Water Bottles Contain Distilled Water?
The bottled water we buy from the markets is treated through various filtration methods to ensure the quality. The bottled water is not solely distilled. The readily available filtered bottled water is purposefully made for drinking. The companies use spring water instead of distilled water.
Is Distilled Water Good for Drinking Purposes?
Now the question is, can you drink distilled water? The answer is yes, but it has its harms. One of the major disadvantages of the distillation of water is that it removes the impurities and leaves the useful minerals like calcium and magnesium that are naturally present in tap water behind. It detoxifies your body and can pull the minerals away from your body to maintain a proper balance. If you have a healthy and mineral-rich diet, then you need not worry about the potential effect.
But in case a healthy diet is not a part of your routine life, then solely distilled water can be a bit unhealthy for you. Therefore, it makes the water taste odd and sometimes even awful if you have never tried it before. This type of water is bearable in case of emergency when the only option left is the purely distilled water. Still, if this water is supplied in normal conditions for daily use, it can most probably irritate you. Hence, the distilled water needs to be made drinkable. Even some companies that use distilled water reintroduce all the lost minerals back into it.
Ways of Making Distilled Water Drinkable
The taste of natural water soothes us. The distilled water does not taste like tap water or bottled water because of the loss of all the essential minerals. But luckily, some methods can be used to regain the minerals or gain a good taste in water. Many different ways are carried out to make the distilled water usable in drinking. The following are some methods that are used to do this:
- Using a carbon paper
- Adding trace mineral drops
- By Adding pink salt
- Using specialized bottles that infuse minerals
- Adding flavors to the water
By Using a Carbon Paper
Using a carbon paper is the most common method of filtering the impure water. The same method can also be used for making distilled water taste better. It can restock the bygone minerals back into the water. Many distiller companies provide a carbon filter paper along with the distiller machine. You can observe a huge difference in water taste by passing it through the paper only once.
Method of Doing This
Most companies provide a paper, but if you don’t have one, you can easily buy it online. Once you gain the paper, this is how it will help you:
- If you use the paper that comes with the distiller, attach the paper and turn the machine on. Get the water once it gets distilled, and the minerals are retained.
- If you are using filter paper separately, then pass the distilled water through the paper and then use it.
By Adding Trace Mineral Drops
There are many good brands of mineral replenishing liquids available in the market. These drops are usually used on commercial levels to make the distilled water reusable.
The trace mineral drops contain 72 ionic minerals in trace amounts. These minerals include calcium, magnesium, iodine, iron, copper, zinc, manganese, phosphorous, molybdenum, vanadium, chromium, selenium, and many more.
Methods of Doing This
- Take the distilled water in a glass or whatever container you want it in.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of trace mineral replenishing drops in a glass of water, or you can use it as per instructions on the package.
- Mix it well, and you can enjoy your naturally tasting water.
By Adding Pink Salt to Distilled Water
Pink salt is a special type of salt obtained from the Himalayan Mountains. The difference between table salt and pink salt is that it contains more minerals than the common sodium chloride salt. It has amounts of calcium and magnesium in it.
Pink salt is used to make distilled water drinkable. It makes the water salty and tasteful and adds a good amount of natural minerals to it. This mineral supplement plays a good role in maintaining good health and a sound body. Pink salt is a very common product and is easily available in the market.
Methods of Doing This
- You need to add 1 to 2 tablespoons of pink salt in about one gallon of solely distilled water.
- Mix it thoroughly until the minerals diffuse evenly in the water.
- You can now drink tasty and healthy water with a good supply of minerals.
By Using Specialized Bottles That Infuse Minerals
The world has advanced a lot within a few years. The market fulfills all our needs and leaves nothing unaddressed. To every possible problem, a solution is already available. The same is the case with distilled water not tasting good enough to be used in drinking. The water management market has introduced a special kind of bottle that can add minerals to the water inside it. This is not a magical process, but there is a filter installed within the bottle containing necessary minerals removed from the water during distillation.
Methods of Doing This
This method is the easiest and the most convenient of all. This is how to do it:
- Get yourself a mineral infusing water bottle.
- Pour some solely distilled water into the bottle.
- The bottle itself adds necessary minerals to the water and makes it tastier and healthier.
- Enjoy your desired tasty and healthy water.
By Adding Flavors to The Water
This one is the most loved way of making distilled water tastier because it adds special flavors to the water and makes it tastier than the natural one. You can add fruity flavors of your choice to the water. You can add flavored powders or natural fruit flavors. But too much sugar can be unhealthy, so it is recommended to use natural flavors.
Methods of Doing This
- Squeeze about half a cup of some fresh juice from your favorite fruit
- Add this juice into about one gallon of water
- Mix it well and enjoy the tasty and energetic water.
Distilled water can solely be used for drinking purposes once you develop your taste. But in case you don’t like the taste at all, you can use any of the above-mentioned methods to make your water taste better and add its part to make you healthy.
To conclude, there are many ways to make distilled water drinkable. You can adopt any method and make it drinkable by following the given steps. Don’t compromise on your health because it is all we have got. Drink the best distilled water for better health!